Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pretty Pretty Jewelry

I just came across some gorgeous pieces of art / jewelry that I love, and since I've been MIA from this site for awhile, I've decided to induldge you all today.


First we have these super awesome mermaid earings! I love love love them. I think they are super fun, yet totally wearable. Who knew? sea people as accessories!

This is a beauuuuuuuuutiful necklace. I'm not much into the bling blig of diamonds and pearls and stones, I am very much a costume jewelry whore. I think this is prettier than any 38K diamond choker, pendant, whatever. Its so elegant and tasteful. I get nervous whenever I watch a wedding on a (reality) TV show, because the brides always ruin their perfectly-amazing dresses with pounds of diamonds hanging off thier limbs, and well that look is just not for me. So when I first saw this piece, I instantly thought "that is perfect for a wedding dress!" Now that I have the necklace, who needs the husband?

This is called "Circling the Globe". I love what it stands for. Its like a good luck charm almost. Here's to a life full of stories, travel, and unfamiliar places that become home.

I think this sophisticated necklace is just dead sexy. Plus I tend to usually wear black, and I feel that this piece would just make my outfit go POW! So watch out now.

I like earings. I also like turquoise a lot. And I like swirly prints. SWIRLY PRINT TURQUOISE EARRINGS? you're kiddin me!

I think this necklace is different. I don't know what I would wear it with, but I love it.

Bird Brooch! So vintage, so elegant, so brooch-y. I would wear a brooch if it looked this cool.



Last but not least, the perfect piece of jewelry. It pretty much somes me up. It's a chain necklace with a heart charm and a fleur de lis charm. The fleur de lis, or lilly, is a symbol for a lot of things, but the first place I learned about it was in Florence, Italy. So for me, this symbol will always stand for Florence, and my time there, and the love I fell into with that city. Perfectly understated, yet painfully meaningful. This necklace represents it all.






All these handcrafted gorgeous wearable-art pieces can be found here:
http://www.luxedeluxe.etsy.com/

No comments: